OUR SUNDAY YOUTH PROGRAM for children ages 9-12 pursues a range of goals as we seek to love and nurture our older children in the faith. We want to see them grow in their love for God with all their heart, soul, strength and mind, and to love their neighbors as themselves. We want to foster great spiritual friendships, fun community, and a heart to serve the church and beyond. And ultimately, we want to prepare them for a lifetime of worship - able to fully participate with adults, and then as adults.
STARTING IN THE FALL OF 2016, our youth program for each Sunday will rotate through a range of different formats.
- First Sundays of each month: our youth remain in the main service with adults for its entirety, and then afterwards have lunch together to discuss the sermon, led by a youth leader.
- Second Sundays of each month: the 9-12 year olds are dismissed with the younger children prior to the sermon to their own class, to be picked up by their parents or guardians at the end of the main service.
- Third Sundays of each month: the 9-12 year olds are dismissed with the younger children prior to the sermon to their own class, and then are brought back after the sermon to join the adults in the main service.
- Fourth Sundays of each month: our youth serve as volunteers with a ministry of the church (e.g. the children’s ministry).
- Fifth Sundays of each month: our youth serve together to bless a ministry or people outside of City Line, while remaining on site.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, please see our Announcements page, or contact John Sherk.